- Latest Team Pictures JFK School Hemel Hempstead
- Jay City Finance are proud to be associated with John F Kennedy Secondary School, Hemel Hempstead
- 13 Camelot Players Selected for Herts Developing Player Programme for 2016/17
- Hemel Hempstead Young Guns Enjoy Festival Success
- Camelot's Commercial Director Charles Riches Climbs Mount Kilimanjaro
- Thousands flock to Camelot for Herts County Festival
- FLA seeks clarity on lending schemes
- Is the Queen off balance sheet?
- Asset finance resilient in Q2
- UK brokers using asset finance “creatively” to free up cash
- Brokers’ small business lending up 20%
- Business investment boosted by asset finance
- Credit Agricole hit by Greece and Italy charges
Business investment boosted by asset finance
New asset finance figures show that funding is getting to businesses that need to invest in new equipment. The latest new business figures from the Finance & Leasing Association are up 12% in April compared with April 2011.
Finance for plant and machinery and IT equipment showed strong growth in the last three months. This is consistent with the Office for National Statistics’ provisional business investment Q1 2012 results1, which showed growth in investment by the manufacturing and service sectors.
Over the past 12 months, FLA members have provided £2.3 billion more funding to businesses2, which is clear evidence that asset finance is helping business make the investment they need to prosper and grow.
Geraldine Kilkelly, Chief Economist and Head of Research at the Finance & Leasing Association, commented:
“Despite the challenges in some sectors, asset finance supports investment in new equipment. And our latest confidence survey shows that asset finance providers are optimistic that they will increase the amount of equipment finance over the next year.”